Monday, August 24, 2009

The big day is tomorrow...

I am here at work, not really working, and when I am, cannot stop thinking about the movie I saw last night, Julie & Julia. I also cannot stop thinking of the terrible Bison burger I ate last night!! After the movie, Keeley and I stopped at our local book store and bought the last available of Julia Child's French cook book.. The number 1 best seller which has been catapulted to the top all over again upon the movie's recent release.

Keeley and I spoke of the terrible food we have eaten lately, and after telling her that I only have perfected a few dishes, was willing to try Julia Child's recipes...
My Brother so kindly reminded me of the last time my family had thanksgiving dinner together, okay, it was my parents, some friends and myself... My Grandmother passed away the next day... I was assured it was not my cooking which contributed to her death.. at least I hope not!
Keeley, if something happens to you, please just remember this:

It's all your fault!

So, I have been searching the internet high and low for cooking terms.. I'm hoping they are listed in Julia's cookbook... If they are not, boy am I in trouble!!! Where is Jack when I need him??? In the meantime, I will continue searching the web for simple epicurean terms such as "blanch"..
umm.. I thought that was a character on the Golden Girls? It's a cooking term too? Oh dear.. I guess that I have a lot of work ahead of me. In the mean time, I will say: This is Catrina White.. Bon Appetite!

Oh, please make sure you check back on Wed evening for a full report on my cooking umm..... should I call it an experiment now?

No comments:

Post a Comment